Herb pesto roasted leg of lamb with new season potatoes
This roasted leg of lamb mixes the flavours of herbed pesto with new season potatoes. Try this simple but tasty dish that will please all tastes.
- 1 small leg of lamb boneless
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 bunch basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 50grtams cashew nuts
- 100ml olive oil
- 250grams cocktail potatoes
- 250grams jap pumpkin, cut into small pieces
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Take the leg of lamb and remove the bone, flattening it out, slicing partially through the flesh to help tenderise the meat.
- In a food processor puree the fresh garlic with parsley, thyme and basil, cashew nuts, parmesan cheese and olive oil until it is smooth and green. Season with salt and pepper.
- Smear the pesto over the lamb liberally and marinate overnight if possible.
- In a large bowl toss the cocktail potatoes and the jap pumpkin together with some olive oil and salt and pepper. Then put in a roasting pan and cook at 185C for around 30 minutes or until caramelised and cooked through.
- In a preheated flat grill, cook the flattened lamb leg for around 8 minutes on each side, the let rest for 10 minutes. Carve over the vegetables and serve with your favourite condiments.