Herb pesto roasted leg of lamb with new season potatoes
Try this simple but tasty dish that will please all tastes.
- 1 small leg of lamb boneless
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 bunch basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 50grtams cashew nuts
- 100ml olive oil
- 250grams cocktail potatoes
- 250grams jap pumpkin, cut into small pieces
Sea salt and black pepper
- Take the leg of lamb and remove the bone, flattening it out, slicing partially through the flesh to help tenderise the meat.
- In a food processor puree the fresh garlic with the parsley, thyme and basil, cashew nuts, parmesan cheese and olive oil until it is smooth and green. Season with salt and pepper.
- Smear the pesto over the lamb liberally and marinate overnight if possible.
- In a large bowl toss the cocktail potatoes and the jap pumpkin together with some olive oil and salt and pepper. Then put in a roasting pan and cook at 185C for around 30 minutes or until caramelised and cooked through.
- In a preheated flat grill, cook the flattened lamb leg for around 8 minutes each side, the let rest for 10 minutes. Carve over the vegetables and serve with your favourite condiments.