Chickpea, pumpkin and eggplant curry
This pumpkin, eggplant and chickpea curry is fast and extremely simple but bursting with flavour. Put it on the menu for weeknight dinners today!
Shopping list (serves 4-6):
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 500g diced pumpkin
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 x 400gm canned chick peas
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1½ cups water
- 165ml reduced fat coconut flavoured evaporated milk
- In a non-stick frypan on medium heat add oil, onion, pumpkin and eggplant. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add curry paste and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, water and stock.
- Stir in coconut milk and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander.