Chickpea, pumpkin and eggplant curry
Very fast and extremely simple but bursting with flavour.
Shopping list (serves 4-6):
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 500g diced pumpkin
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 x 400gm canned chick peas
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1½ cups water
- 165ml reduced fat coconut flavoured evaporated milk
- In a non-stick frypan on medium heat add oil, onion, pumpkin and eggplant. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add curry paste and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, water and stock.
- Stir in coconut milk and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander.