Cold soba noodle salad with Vietnamese pork
This refreshing Vietnamese cold pork and noodle salad will delight your taste buds.
- 3 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 4 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided into two
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce, divided into two
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons palm or coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 kg pork loin
- 2 packets uncooked soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 3 cups wombok (Chinese cabbage)
- ½ cup finely chopped red capsicum
- Vegetable oil
- Trim the pork loin, removing the sinew from the top, then slicing into thick strips, then set it aside.
- Combine the 1 tablespoon spring onions, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, the tamari, coconut sugar, black pepper together and marinate the pork for minimum of 200 minutes or overnight if possible.
- Cook noodles in a pot of salted boiling water until cooked through. Drain and refresh in cold water.
- .Combine the remaining sauces together in a large bowl along with the sambal oelek. Then add the cooked noodles, cabbage, and finely sliced red capsicum, toss to coat.
- Preheat a fry pan or grill to very hot, then sear off the pork for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Arrange the noodles on a platter, then arrange the pork over the top and decorate with the remaining spring onions.