These classic flaky pastry English pasties will sure to impress.
- 110g rams plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 55grams unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoon cold water
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup finely diced potato
- ½ cup finely diced swede
- 110grams rump steak
- Salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- Place the flour, butter and salt in a bowl and rub together until it resembles crumbs, then slowly add the water until the dough comes together making sure the dough does not become warm.
- Wrap up the dough and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Steam the potato & swede and cook until just tender, remove and cool, then cook off the onion until it is translucent, season with salt & pepper. Seal off the steak in a fry pan, then finely dice and add to the onion, cooked potato & swede. Mix until incorporated.
- Roll out the pastry until they are bowl size and around 2mm thick. Spoon in the mixture, then fold over the pastry and seal the edges with egg, press together. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Bake at 200C for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.