Coriander pesto gnocchi
We think coriander gets a bad wrap. Include it in the perfect recipe and we think you'll have a change of heart. Our favourite comfort food is homemade gnocchi which is why we've created a recipe to bring these two things together. We give you: Coriander pesto gnocchi. Homemade fluffy pasta pillows with crispy prosciutto, heaven!
- Boil the peeled desiree potatoes in salted water until they are cooked through. Drain thoroughly then push them through a ricer or mouli on the finest setting.
- In a food processor puree the picked coriander together with the toasted cashews, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and olive oil until it forms a bright green thickened liquid.
- On the bench dusted with plain flour, add the desiree potatoes, grated parmesan cheese, one egg(whisked), salt & pepper and flour until it forms a dough the consistency of playdough.
- Roll this dough into long logs, then cut them through and cook them until they rise to the surface for a minute in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water.
- Remove from the water and run under cold water until cold, then coat with a little vegetable oil and keep in the fridge for up to four days.
- In a frying pan, crisp up the prosciutto and set aside. In the same pan with a little vegetable oil, toss the Spanish Onion wedges until they are caramelized. Add the cherry tomatoes until they have just blistered and then remove and let cool slightly
- In a large frying pan with vegetable oil, cook the gnocchi until it caramelizes then toss through the vegetables and crisp prosciutto. Serve on a platter and top with shaved parmesan