Coriander pesto gnocchi
The perfect comfort food, home-made fluffy pasta pillows with crispy prosciutto, heaven!
- 500 grams Desiree Potatoes
- 200 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Plain Flour
- 2 bunches coriander, washed and picked
- 50 grams unsalted cashews, toasted
- 60 grams grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt & cracked white pepper
- 120 ml olive oil
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 Spanish Onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- Handful of baby spinach
- Boil the peeled desiree potatoes in salted water until they are cooked through. Drain thoroughly then push them through a ricer or mouli on the finest setting.
- In a food processor puree the picked coriander together with the toasted cashews, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and olive oil until it forms a bright green thickened liquid.
- On the bench dusted with plain flour, add the desiree potatoes, grated parmesan cheese, one egg(whisked), salt & pepper and flour until it forms a dough the consistency of playdough.
- Roll this dough into long logs, then cut them through and cook them until they rise to the surface for a minute in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water.
- Remove from the water and run under cold water until cold, then coat n a little vegetable oil and keep in the fridge for up to four days.
- In a frypan crisp up the prosciutto, set aside. In the same pan with a little vegetable oil toss the Spanish Onion wedges until they are caramelized, add the cherry tomatoes until they have just blistered, remove and let cool slightly
- In a large frypan with a little vegetable oil cook the gnocchi until it caramelizes then toss through the vegetables and crisp prosciutto. Serve on a platter and top with shaved parmesan