Try this delicious lemon curd recipe which can be added to pre-made tartlets. They're the perfect after-dinner treat or picnic snack!
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 165g caster sugar
- 80grams chilled unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- Dash of vanilla essence
- Place the sugar and lemon zest in a bowl and rub together with the vanilla essence to crystallize the sugar and bring out the natural oils for more flavour.
- In a large stainless steel pot, whisk all the ingredients together over medium heat until it has thickened.
- Strain through a sieve if you would like it to be completely smooth, or leave and keep in a sterilized jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Or spoon them into pre-baked tart shells.