Smoked salmon mousse
This delightful smoked salmon mousse is perfect for canapes and bite sized party finger food.
(serves 4-6) :
- Smoked salmon (cleaned) 500g
- Asian broth 300mls (300ml water, piece of ginger, 2 cloves chopped garlic, 1 stalk lemongrass, 1 chilli, 1 tbsp mirin, kaffir lime leaf.)
- Gelatine leaves 4
- Whipped cream 500mls
- Juice of one lime
- Sea salt & cracked white pepper
- Dice the smoked salmon and blend in the robot coupe until it forms a ball.
- Pass through a drum sieve and season with the lime, tabasco and pepper.
- Bring the Asian broth to a boil, then strain and then add the soaked gelatin making sure it has fully dissolved. Stir while it cools.
- Whisk the gelatin slowly into the salmon over ice until it starts to set.
- When the mix has the consistency of semi whipped cream, fold in the whipped cream.
- Pipe into molds and set or let sit in fridge and use as a dip.