Gluten-free choc chip cookies
Kids and adults of all ages will love these yummy dark chocolate & coconut gluten free cookies.
Shopping list (serves 4-6):
- 250 grams sorghum flour
- 300 grams unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 140 grams palm sugar, grated
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 150 grams dark chocolate pieces
- ½ cup dessicated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a mixer, whip up the butter and grated palm sugar together with the vanilla paste and spices until it has turned pale and white.
- Slowly add the eggs, one at a time to the mix until they are both well incorporated.
- Add the sorghum flour, rolled oats, and coconut and mix until well combined, then mix through the dark chocolate pieces.
- Roll into a large sheet of glad wrap and roll until tight.
- Let rest in fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Slice into desirable sections and cook at 170C on oven tray until lightly browned. Let rest, (if you can resist), then store in airtight container to keep rom going stale.