Gluten-free choc chip cookies
Kids and adults of all ages will love these yummy gluten-free choc chip cookies! No gluten doesn't equal not taste. These moreish cookies are just as delicious as the real deal!
- 250 grams sorghum flour
- 300 grams unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 140 grams palm sugar, grated
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 150 grams dark chocolate pieces
- ½ cup dessicated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a mixer, whip up the butter and grated palm sugar together with the vanilla paste and spices until it has turned pale and white.
- Slowly add the eggs, one at a time to the mix until they are both well incorporated.
- Add the sorghum flour, rolled oats, and coconut and mix until well combined, then mix through the dark chocolate pieces.
- Roll into a large sheet of glad wrap and roll until tight.
- Let rest in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Slice into desirable sections and cook at 170C on an oven tray until lightly browned. Let rest, (if you can resist), then store in an airtight container to keep from going stale.