Potato and drumstick curry
- 3 drumsticks cut to finger-sized pieces
- 3-4 medium brown onions finely chopped
- 2 medium white potatoes diced or cubed
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 slit green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1.5 tablespoons of oil
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves chopped finely
- Wash and chop drumsticks and potatoes, leaving potatoes in water until used.
- Add mustard and cumin to a hot, oiled pan. When they begin to splutter, add curry leaves, chilies and onions. Fry until onions are soft and transparent.
- Add potatoes and drumsticks and fry for two to three minutes. Add tomatoes, turmeric and salt and fry until tomatoes are mushy.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and leave for two minutes.
- Pour enough water to cover potatoes and drumsticks. Cover and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice.