Slow roasted boneless leg of lamb with winter vegetables
This slow roasted leg of lamb will become a family favorite this cold winter. Paired with seasonal vegetables, we're certain it'll warm your belly and your soul.
- 1 leg of lamb
- 1kg cocktail potatoes
- 1 butternut pumpkin
- 150grams brussel sprouts
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 head garlic
- 1 bunch rosemary
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Ras el hanout
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Olive oil
- Using a sharp boning knife remove the bone from the leg.
- Lay the lamb out flat and rub in sea salt and cracked black pepper into the flesh along with the tablespoon of Ras el hanout, zest of the 2 lemons and a little olive oil.
- Sear this off in a very hot fry pan and then place on a cake rack and roast at 110C for approximately 4 hours.
- During the last hour, add all the other vegetables into the same tray and roast as well.
- Serve on a large platter with the meat sliced and some jus on the side.