Healthy and delicious start to the day, our bircher muesli recipe is the best of the bunch (if we don't say so ourselves).
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups milk/juice
- 125ml apple juice
- ½ cup Indian style yoghurt
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Large pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 cup grated granny smith apples
- ¼ cup raisins
- Touch vanilla
- 1 punnet chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup goji berries/dried cranberries
- Soak the oats overnight in enough milk/juice to cover the oats
- Mix the above ingredients together in a bowl – the texture must be thick but smooth.
- Top it with fresh mint, sprinkle with cinnamon and homemade granola.
- Refrigerate your bircher muesli for up to a week.