Homemade chicken sausages
So yummy, these sensational snags are seriosuly simple to make. Pair your homemade chicken sausages with grilled veg or a fresh salad!
- 1 kilo skinless chicken thigh mince
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- Sausage skins, available from your butcher or poultry shop, synthetic or natural casings are available.
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum finely diced
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 piece ginger
- ½ bunch coriander, washed and chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds out, finely chopped
- 50ml mushroom soy sauce
- 30ml sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 eggs
- In a food processor, add the lemongrass, ginger and garlic together with the chilli and coriander and puree until smooth with a little vegetable oil. Set aside
- In a frypan sautee the diced vegetables together with the Asian herb puree until the vegetables have softened. Set aside to cool.
- Place the chicken mince in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season with salt & pepper. Add the egg and pulse again until all incorporated.
- Add the vegetables together with the pureed mince and mix thoroughly.
- Place this mixture into a piping bag and pipe into the sausage skins, twist to the desired length, then let them rest overnight before cooking.
- Cook them on medium heat on a flat grill, until cooked through. Serve your delish homemade chicken sausages with your favourite vegetable or salad accompaniment.