Our beef lasagna is the perfect staple dish to feed the whole family! Oven baked and cooked to perfection, try it with mince beef and ingredients from the Market.
Ingredients for our beef lasagna:
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 500 g beef mince
- 800 g canned tomatoes
- One jar of Ross Pecora's Pasta Sauce
- 250 g mozzarella cheese shredded
- 50 g parmesan cheese grated
- 375 g packet of lasagna sheets
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan or deep frying pan. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the beef mince, breaking the clumps apart with a spoon, and cook until browned.
- Stir through the canned tomatoes and pasta sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Spoon ½ cup of the bolognese sauce into the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Layer with the fresh lasagne sheets and ¼ of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with the meat, lasagne sheets and mozzarella until you have 4 layers, finishing with a mozzarella layer.
- Sprinkle over the grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving your delicious beef lasagna!