Homemade crispy chips with sweet chilli mayonnaise
The perfect side dish, or delicious as a sack on their own
- 1kg desiree potatoes (Russet potatoes preferable)
- 2 whole eggs
- 80ml red wine vinegar
- 240ml vegetable oil
- 80ml sweet chilli sauce
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- In a pot of cold salted water, bring the potatoes to the boil, then cook until they are just tender.
- Remove and let cool at room temperature.
- If they are russet potatoes, remove the skins, cut them into wedges and set them aside.
- In a food processor, blitz the whole eggs, sweet chilli and red wine vinegar together until foamy, then slowly add the vegetable oil until it has thickened. Season with salt & pepper.
- Bring a pot of oil to 180C, then fry the wedges until they are golden brown. Drain them on kitchen paper, season with sea salt and serve with your favourite steak or fish on a Friday night.