Roasted corn & avocado salsa packs a flavour punch to any meal.
- 4 head of corn, full leaves on
- 2 avocado
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic puree
- Sea salt and cracked white pepper
- 80ml red wine vinegar
- 120ml olive oil
- ½ bunch chopped coriander
- ½ bunch chopped parsley
- Roast the head of corn in a preheated 180C oven for 40 minutes or until the husks turn black. Take out of the oven, wrap in glad wrap and let stand for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon zest, olive oil and roasted pureed garlic, then add the chopped parsley.
- In a hot pan, sautee the onion and capsicum together in a little vegetable oil until they are softened. Let cool
- Cut the avocado in half, dice it and soak in lemon juice and then gently toss through the diced vegetables. Unwrap the corn and cut of the kernels and toss this through the mix as well. Add the dressing and toss again. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with your favourite grilled fish or chicken at your next bbq.