Who doesn't like noodles? Learning how to make them is simple.
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Mix the all-purpose flour, egg and baking soda together in a mixer with a dough hook. Want a soft dough to roll our but not too soft.
- You may need a tablespoon or 2 of water to bring the dough together. Knead the dough in the mixer for about 5 minutes.
- When the dough is well kneaded, let it rest while you prepare the pasta machine.
- Roll out the dough out into a long shape to fit into the pasta machine. Dust with tapioca flour to keep the dough from sticking.
- You can either run this through the machine till a thinner setting then run it through the cutting blade, or roll them on the bench and chop them into sections around 5cm long and 3mm thick, drop them into boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes, then toss them into your favourite pasta dish or ragout.