Nothing beats a good burger, and this mouth-watering homemade burger recipe is sure to be a family favourite. The best part? All the ingredients are found at the Market.
- 400 grams lamb or beef mince
- 100 grams finely sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roasted
- 2 large mushrooms, oven-roasted
- 1 zucchini, sliced and grilled
- 1 eggplant, sliced and grilled
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ cup bread crumbs (fresh if possible)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon light salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- Canola spray
- Rocket or spinach leaves
- Fresh bread roll
- Sautee finely chopped vegetables in a little olive oil with fresh garlic clove until softened. Set aside and cool.
- Roast large mushrooms in oven with a little olive oil until caramelized, slice and grill eggplant, red capsicum & zucchini on a flat grill plate, set aside & cool
- Place mince in a large bowl and add the vegetables, chopped parsley, light soy, bread crumbs and eggs. Mix together until all combined.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal patties, slightly larger than the roll you are using, allowing for shrinkage
- Cook the home-made burgers in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through
- Arrange as desired with all vegetables and top with a sweet chilli sauce or tomato relish