Field mushroom risotto
Healthy and delicious, a meal the whole family will love.
Shopping list (serves 4-6):
- 500 grams flat field mushrooms, roasted whole in olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 smoked chicken breast, shaved
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 3 cloves crushed fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100 grams diced butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- 150 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 500 grams Arborio rice (carnaroli or vialone nano)
- Place the field mushrooms in an oven tray, place a piece of butter on each and lace with olive oil and roast at 185C for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, then remove and set aside.
- Pour 1 litre of water into the oven tray to deglaze along with the sweet soy sauce and the shaved smoked chicken and bring to the boil.
- In a large heavy based pot, with a little vegetable oil sautee the diced onion and carrot until softened together with the crushed garlic.
- Add the rice, and cook on medium to high for 5 minutes until you caramelise the rice.
- Deglaze the rice with the white wine and cook out until no moisture left.
- Slowly add the stock ladle by ladle cooking out after each time until the rice is al dente.
- Finally add one more ladle of stock, bring to the boil again. Take off the heat and add the diced butter, parmesan cheese, spinach and fresh herbs.
- Enjoy with friends and crusty bread.