Field mushroom risotto
This mouth-watering field mushroom risotto is a healthy and delicious meal the whole family will love. Incorporate it into your weekly dinners to increase the number of vegetables the family is eating per week. You don't need to trek far and wide for your produce for this one. Dandenong Market is your one-stop shop for all your ingredients.
- 500 grams flat field mushrooms, roasted whole in olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 smoked chicken breast, shaved
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 3 cloves crushed fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100 grams diced butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- 150 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 500 grams Arborio rice (carnaroli or vialone nano)
- Place the field mushrooms in an oven tray, place a piece of butter on each and lace with olive oil and roast at 185C for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, then remove and set aside.
- Pour 1 litre of water into the oven tray to deglaze along with the sweet soy sauce and the shaved smoked chicken and bring to a boil.
- In a large heavy-based pot, with a little vegetable oil sautee the diced onion and carrot until softened together with the crushed garlic.
- Add the rice, and cook on medium to high for 5 minutes until you caramelise the rice.
- Deglaze the rice with the white wine and cook out until there is no moisture left.
- Slowly add the stock ladle by ladle cooking out after each time until the rice is al dente.
- Finally, add one more ladle of stock, bring to the boil again. Take off the heat and add the diced butter, parmesan cheese, spinach and fresh herbs.
- Enjoy your field mushroom risotto with friends and crusty bread.