Poached Salmon with Cannellini Bean Puree
Different recipes and new flavours can be exciting. Wanting to experiment with seafood? Try our yummy poached Salmon with cannellini bean puree recipe.
- 200g cannellini beans
- 250ml chicken stock
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- ½ bunch fresh thyme, chopped
- 50g almonds
- 2 x 200g portions salmon, skin off
- 1 litre water
- 100ml mirin
- 2 star anise
- 4 peppercorns
- 1 head broccoli cut into small flowerettes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl filled with cold water soak the cannellini beans overnight.
- Drain the cannellini beans. Using a small saucepan filled with chicken stock boil the cannellini beans until softened and cooked through.
- Drain the water from the cannellini beans and place in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and freshly chopped thyme.
- Preheat oven to 180c. Place almond flakes on a tray in the oven and bake until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a large pot boil 1 litre of water with mirin, star anise and peppercorns. Turn off the heat and add the salmon fillet for approximately 6-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Steam broccoli for approximately 3-4 minutes or until just cooked.
- On a plate smear the cannellini bean puree, arrange the broccoli over the puree, top with salmon and sprinkle over toasted almonds. Drizzle with olive oil.