Lamb and rosemary meatballs
Tuck into some of our delicious lamb and rosemary meatballs as a hearty afternoon snack or plate up for your next family BBQ!
- 500grams lamb mince, finely minced
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 stem of picked fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ bunch finely chopped continental parsley
- 1 finely diced carrot
- 1 finely diced brown onion
- 2 sticks finely diced celery
- In a large frying pan, saute the diced vegetables and garlic in a little vegetable oil until just softened, then season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- In a large bowl mix the lamb mince in a bowl with the sautéed vegetables, the chopped parsley, rosemary and egg and mix until well combined. Taste and season accordingly.
- If the mixture is still a little wet, add some breadcrumbs to dry the mixture out. Roll the mixture into small bite sized meatballs using wet hands so the mixture doesn’t stick to you.
- Set them aside to rest on a lined plate overnight so that the mixture combines well and the flavours develop.
- To cook your lamb and rosemary meatballs, either add them to a preheated medium heat fry pan or on a flat grill on a BBQ. Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Enjoy either hot or cold with your favourite dipping sauce.