Home-made pizza bases
Bring out your inner Italian with these easy-to-make home-made pizza bases..
- 600 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoon dried yeast
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 375 ml warm water
- 60 ml olive oil
- In a bowl add the sugar, powdered yeast to the warm water, whisk in and set aside.
- In a large bowl add flour, salt, make a well. Then pour in the water and yeast mixture. Mix with your hand until it forms a dough.
- Once the dough has formed, flour a bench and knead for a further 5-10 minutes. Then place in a greased bowl and cover with glad wrap and let prove for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Roll out flat, then brush with olive oil and cook on 200C for approximately 8 minutes. Top with your favourite toppings, then put back in oven for 3-4 minutes until cheese is browned.
- For an alternative, preheat a non-stick frypan add 50 ml vegetable oil then fry for 1-1/2 minutes each side, seasoning with sea salt & dried herbs. Serve as a flat bread with dips.