Wild mushroom tartlet
An iron boosting recipe for those suffering from iron deficiency.
Shopping list (serves 4-6):
- 375 gram block all-butter puff pastry
- Flour, for dusting
- 25 gram butter
- 300 grams mixed wild mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 25 grams parmesan, grated finely
- Small handful parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g Indian style yoghurt
- ¼ bunch fresh basil, sliced finely
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Roll pastry out on a floured surface and cut out 4 circles. Leave to chill on a lined baking tray in the fridge.
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Heat a large frying pan until hot. Add butter and fry mushrooms for 5 minutes until there is no liquid left in the pan. Season, then take off heat and combine with parmesan, parsley and garlic.
- Score a 1cm border around the edge of each tart, then spoon mushrooms into centre circle.
- Brush edge with beaten egg.
- Bake tarts for 20 minutes until puffed up and golden.
- Serve immediately topped with Indian yoghurt and fresh basil.