Jack O Lantern
It's the spooky season! Check out this family-friendly recipe for a super cool Halloween Jack O Lantern just in time for Halloween!
- Large pumpkin
- Medium sharp knife
- Small sharp knife
- Medium serving spoon
- Marker pen
- Matches or lighter
- With a medium sharp knife cut a hole around the stem at a 45-degree angle towards the centre of the pumpkin so it’s big enough for a large hand to fit through. Make sure you cut on an angle otherwise the pumpkin lid will fall through to the middle.
- Scoop out the middle of the pumpkin with the serving spoon making sure you get all the pulp and seeds and the inside is nice and smooth.
- Draw your Halloween lantern face on the best side of the pumpkin with a marker.
- Next, using the small sharp knife cut at a perpendicular angle along your markings to reveal your Halloween face.
- Light your candle and place it inside your Jack O Lantern to reveal your Halloween masterpiece.