Oven Baked French Fries
The perfect crunch, perfect size, perfect way to cook the perfect French fries!
- 4 potatoes (preferably Sebago potatoes)
- Olive oil (oil of your choice)
- SLICE: Cut your chips into shoestrings – a ‘ONE STEP Precision Cutting’ tool, which you can get from Bob’s Gifts and Kitchenware works perfectly for this.
- PREHEAT: Preheat the Oven to 190°C
- SOAK: Soak the potatoes in cold water after cutting for at least 30 minutes. This step removes a lot of starch (you will see it in the bowl after you remove them) resulting in a crispier French fry!
- DRY: This is really important. Make sure you dry them well so they don’t steam and get soft when they bake!
- OIL & SEASON: Generously oil and season the oven fries with salt and seasoning of your choice. Spread chips evenly in a single layer on parchment paper to keep them from sticking and oil to make them crisp! While these are a version of healthy fries, if you want them to crisp, you will still need to be generous with the oil.
- TWO TEMP COOKING: This easy technique allows the fries to bake perfectly crispy! Simply bake at 190°C for a little bit to cook and then turn up the heat to 218°C to really crisp them up!
- TOSS: Transfer potatoes to bowl. Toss with parsley, garlic and coarse salt.