Avacado, grapefruit & forest mushroom salad
A fresh salad containing some of the best ingredients to help reduce your risk of cancer.
Shopping list (serves 4-6):
- 2 avocados, hulled and sliced
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 grapefruits, skinned and segmented
- 150 grams assorted forest mushrooms: enoki, oyster, portobello, slippery jacks
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 90 ml olive oil
- 50 grams pistachio, chopped
- 2 Belgium endive
- 1 tablespoon ground fresh rosemary, garlic and lemon zest
- In a small bowl soak avocado in lemon juice.
- Using a mortar and pestle grind rosemary, garlic and lemon together until it is a paste.
- Add red wine vinegar and olive oil and mix together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add remaining ingredients and lightly toss all the ingredients together and slowly add rosemary vinaigrette.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle with the chopped pistachios.