Baked citrus cheesecake
A baked citrus cheesecake is a must this summer season! Bring along this tasty treat to a family BBQ, a friendly dinner or devour it all yourself.
Enjoy our cheeky citrus cheesecake with a dollop of cream!
- 1kg cream cheese, softened
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 4 eggs
- 150grams palm sugar
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 2 packets of dried sweet biscuits
- 180grams unsalted butter, melted
Zest of 1 lemon
- In a pot bring to the boil all the juices, zest and palm sugar. Set aside to cool slightly
- In a mixer add the softened cream cheese and beat with a paddle until it is soft and smooth.
- Gradually add one egg at a time to the cream cheese mix, making sure that it is smooth before adding each additional egg. Pour in the juice mix until smooth then set aside.
- In a food processor, blitz up the biscuits until they are powder form or as coarse as you like, then add the melted butter to make a mix that can pack together.
- Line a cake tin with greaseproof paper, then pack the biscuit mix into the base making sure that it is all the same thickness. Around 2-3mm thick is preferred.
- Pour the cream cheese mix into the lined tin with the biscuit base then bake in a 150C oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until just set. Let cool, then refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight preferably.