Skip the greasy and flavourless fast food this weekend and opt for healthy kids nuggets. Shaped like dinosaurs, these healthy nuggets are fun eating for kids and delicious too!
- 1kg chicken breast mince
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 capsicum finely diced
- Zest of 2 lemons & 2 limes
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 bunch chopped fresh thyme
- 300grams breadcrumbs
- 1 whole egg
- 200ml milk
- Salt & pepper
- Sautee the diced vegetables in a pan with a little vegetable oil until they are just softened. Let cool and set aside.
- Place the chicken mince into a food processor and blitz until it combines together. Add the whole eggs one at a time.
- Pour this mixture into a bowl and mix through the sautéed vegetables and chopped fresh thyme.
- Season this with salt & pepper.
- Mix the milk with the whole egg, set aside in a bowl. In a food processor pulse the breadcrumbs together with the lemon zest and salt & pepper.
- Pour the chicken mix onto a tray. Flatten it out and then bake on 150C for approximately 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool, then cut them out with dinosaur cutters or animal cutters
- Dust the cut outs with flour, then dunk them in the milk/egg mix and then cover them liberally with the breadcrumbs.
- Cut the sweet potato in a little vegetable oil, salt & pepper then roast at 185C for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Brown the dinosaur cut outs in vegetable oil until golden brown. Serve with herb mayonnaise.