Home-made tortilla tacos are a fun family favourite. Fill with your choice of meat and salad, or check out our delicious recipe this Taco Tuesday!
- 140 grams yellow corn flour
- 140 grams plain flour
- 320ml water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 500grams halal beef mince
- 1 finely diced onion
- 1 finely chopped red capsicum
- 1 finely chopped green capsicum
- 8 diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 bunch chopped parsley
- Combine the flour in a bowl with the salt and add water. With a dough hook mix the dough until it has fully incorporated and is a soft dough mix.
- Divide the dough into around 15-20 small equal balls and place them onto a wet cloth and cover them to keep them from drying out.
- Roll them out flat at around 15cm in diameter then layer them onto a damp cloth again.
- Preheat a flat grill to medium-high heat, then place on the tortilla and grill until they are light brown, flip and cook the other side. Layer them all together.
- To create hard tacos, gently shallow fry them, giving them a 45-degree angle thus creating the unique taco shape.
- In a frying pan brown off the mince until it has all been cooked and separated. Add the taco seasoning and fry until it is aromatic, then add the diced onion and capsicum until softened.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for five minutes then add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes or until reduced and thickened. Add the chopped parsley and serve.