Sumac roasted chicken wings with preserved lemon and coriander
A delicious and popular Lebanese recipe.
Shopping list (serves 4-6):
- 400 gram chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100grams fine burghul
- 2 small roma tomatoes
- 1 small clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon preserved lemon, rind only, finely sliced
- ½ cup picked coriander leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 180C . Combine the chicken wings, sumac, olive oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper and toss to coat.
- Arrange the chicken wings on a greased oven tray and roast for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile combine the burghul and 150ml hot water in a bowl. Stir to combine, season with salt and pepper and cover and let absorb for 10-15 minutes.
- Puree the coriander and tomato in a food processor until smooth. Add half this to the burghul mix and retain the rest.
- Finely grate the garlic with a microplane into a bowl with a little olive oil. Add the finely sliced preserved lemon, and mix together. Add this to the burghul mix.
- Spoon this onto a platter and arrange the chicken wings over the top, drizzle with olive oil and the retained puree of tomato and coriander