Delicious French meringue - the perfect sweet treat
- 200 grams egg whites
- 320 grams caster sugar
- 150 ml thickened cream
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 6 passionfruit
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Dash of vanilla
- Cut he passionfruit in half, scoop out the pulp, then in a saucepan bring this together with the 3 tablespoons sugar to the boil, then cool in the fridge.
- Place the room temperature egg whites in a mixing bowl with a whisk and whip until they are at soft peak stage.
- Then rain in the remaining sugar a spoonful at a time until all used then continue whisking on high speed until the mixture has thickened at is at firm peak stage.
- Spoon onto a greased oven tray and bake at 90C for approximately 1 ½ hours or until they are either gooey on the inside or fully dried out. Your choice.
- Whip the thickened cream with a dash of vanilla until it is thickened.
- Spoon the cream onto the meringue, then top with the passionfruit puree and some ½ strawberries. Serve immediately.