Roasted cauliflower salad
This sweet, warm salad is a great healthy option for winter.
Shopping list (serves 4-6):
- ½ small head cauliflower, cut to even pieces
- ½ small head broccoli, cut to even pieces
- Handful of baby spinach and wild rocket
- 1 buerre bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Handful of toasted flaked almonds
4 tablespoons Mildura sultanas
- Preheat oven to 185C.
- Blanche cauliflower and broccoli in salted boiling water for 2 minutes, then refresh in cold water. Drain and dry.
- Toss all the cauliflower and broccoli in olive oil and sea salt.
- Arrange in a single layer on a roasting sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes, or just until lightly browned in parts. Let cool.
- Whisk vinegar, honey and olive oil in a small bowl, add the chopped fresh thyme.
- Drizzle over cooked vegetables and toss with pears, sultanas and toasted almonds.
- Lightly mix baby spinach and wild rocket. Layer onto a platter. Place vegetable mix on top.
- Serve warm.