Chicken and date involtini
Chicken and date involtini is a delicious dinner recipe waiting to be tested. This tasty morsel will become one of your favorite selections in your next bento box.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8 large medjool dates, pitted
- Handful of baby spinach
- Sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ bunch chopped fresh thyme
- Butterfly the chicken breasts, making sure that it is the same thickness all over. Season with the sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper.
- Wilt the baby spinach in a fry pan with the zest and juice of the one lemon and the chopped fresh thyme. Refresh and set aside.
- Place the spinach in a line along the middle of the flattened chicken, place in the pitted medjool dates, then roll tightly, let set in the fridge.
- In a medium to hot frypan seal off the chicken with the sea salt and cracked black pepper, then roast at 180C for approximately 8 minutes or until cooked through
- Let cool thoroughly then slice into 3cm lengths and add to your bento box