Spice dusted tofu with mushroom & onion broth and Asian style slaw.
- 1 packet firm tofu
- 100grams rice flour
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- 1/8th teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 King oyster mushrooms
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced
- ¼ wombok, finely shredded
- ½ Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 piece fresh ginger
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- ½ bunch coriander
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 8 snow peas, finely sliced
- ¼ cup mushroom soy sauce
- 1 cup picked Asian style herbs
- In a food processor puree the garlic, chilli, ginger, lemongrass and coriander and the zest and juice of 2 lemons until it is super smooth.
- In a pot, gently fry the Asian paste in a little oil until it has softened but not browned then add 1 litre of cold water bring slowly to the boil 1 litre of cold water together with the finely sliced King oyster mushrooms and sliced brown onion, turn down to simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until aromatic.
- Prepare all the vegetables as stated and mix them together with the Asian picked herbs.
- Slice the tofu into long ginger like sticks and dust them in the rice flour infused with the sumac and cayenne pepper.
- Prepare a medium to hot fry pan with vegetable oil and fry the tofu until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Place the Asian slaw into a bowl, pour over the mushroom broth and top with the crispy tofu. Enjoy as a light lunch.