Warm roasted vegetable salad
This warm roasted vegetable salad will tantalize the taste buds over the upcoming cold spell.
- 2 whole baby beetroot
- 2 large wedges of pumpkin
- 2 parsnip
- 6 kipfler potatoes
- 2 Spanish onion
- 8 brussel sprouts
- 1 bunch basil
- 6 cloves fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 40grams cashew nuts unsalted
- 150ml olive oil
- Fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 185C.
- Prepare all the vegetables, making sure that they are all approximately the same size. Bring them to a boil in salted water, then drain and wait until cool.
- Toss them in a bowl with olive oil, fennel seeds, sumac, sea salt & cracked black pepper.
- Place them all on a lined oven tray, then roast for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- In a mortar and pestle grind together the basil with the unsalted cashew nuts, garlic cloves, parmesan cheese and olive oil added a little at a time until it forms a smooth paste. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Take out and put into a bowl and add a further 80ml olive oil.
- Arrange the roasted vegetable salad onto a platter, then drizzle the basil pesto oil all over the vegetables and then spoon on some of the pesto. Enjoy.