Chocolate and orange mousse
The perfect sweet treat
- 250grams 70% cocoa chocolate
- 3 egg yolks
- 50 grams caster sugar
- Juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 6 leaves of gelatine
- 600ml whipped cream
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries
- Vanilla extract
- In a large metal bowl, whisk the egg yolks together with the sugar, zest and juice of 2 oranges until it is light and thick over a medium heat burner.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave. Set aside. Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water until they are pliable then add them to the egg mixture and whisk them in until they are dissolved through the mixture. You may have to put this back on the heat just to warm the mixture.
- Mix through the melted chocolate through the egg mixture and whisk until combined. Let cool slightly.
- Whip the cold cream until it is at medium peaks, then fold the cream through the mixture. Add 1/3 first and combine well, then fold through the rest.
- Place in a clean bowl and let set in the fridge for around 1-2 hours. Serve with softened strawberries.