Fresh and delicious family favourite.
Shopping list (serves 4-6):
- 500 grams desiree potatoes
- 250 grams Jap pumpkin
- 180 grams powdered parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 roasted red pepper
Handful of baby spinach
- Peel both the potatoes and pumpkin and boil them separately in salted water
- When cooked through drain, them thoroughly then push them through a mouli or ricer into a large bowl.
- While still hot add the parmesan cheese, I whisked egg, salt & pepper, olive oil and enough flour to make the dough similar in consistency to paly dough.
- Put a large pot of boiling water on, then roll the dough into long sausages around 1cm in diameter then chop them through, plunge them into the boiling water until they float to the surface and the water starts to re-boil then remove them and plunge them in cold water.
- Drain, and toss in oil if wanting to keep. Otherwise heat up a large fry pan and caramelize them in a pan add the asparagus tips and cherry tomatoes with a couple of minutes to go.
- Toss through some baby spinach and roasted red peppers, then top with shaved parmesan cheese.