A different take on homemade bread.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated pears
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup palm sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 165°C.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the centre of the bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, sugar, honey, grated pears, pecans and vanilla, blend well.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and combine.
- Spoon batter into a well-greased and lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 1¼ hours. Once cooked turn out onto a cake rack and leave in the pan for 30 minutes before removing.