Grilled peach with fruit sabayon
Rich Summer egg based Italian desert.
Shopping list (serves 4-6):
- 3 peaches
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- A dash of vanilla essence
- Freshly squeezed juice and finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Freshly squeezed juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 4 strawberries
- 1 punnet blueberries
- Preheat oven to 185C.
- Preheat grill plate on high.
- Rinse peaches under cold water.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the stone. Brush with a little oil and place on grill plate for 1 minute each side, making sure the grill marks are clear.
- Place peaches on an oven tray and roast for 5 minutes, or until peach is softened but still firm. Remove & let cool.
- Place the egg yolks, honey, vanilla essence, juice and zest in a heatproof bowl, and whisk vigorously over a pot of boiled water until thick.
- Place grilled peach on a plate. Pour over sabayon and garnish with fresh strawberries and blueberries.