Chicken and vegetable burger
A healthy twist on a familiar favourite. Not just your average burger.
- 500 grams chicken thigh mince
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- ¼ bunch finely chopped fresh thyme
- ½ bunch chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 eggs
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- In a mortar and pestle, grind the spices together until they are a fine dust.
- In a large fry pan with a little vegetable oil, sautee the diced vegetables together with the spices until the vegetables have started to soften.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chicken mince, vegetable and spice mix, eggs, tomato paste and fresh herbs together in a bowl. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Mix well, then if mix is too wet, add some breadcrumbs to the mix to dry it out so that you can form patties.
- Form the patties, then let them rest overnight in the fridge. Either freeze them in layers between glad wrap, or cook on a flat bbq plate or grill plate for around 3-4 minutes each side.
- Serve with your favourite toppings between a toasted hamburger bun. Enjoy!!