Shepherds pie is a family favourite loved by everyone and perfect for smuggling veggies so little ones don't notice.
- 1 kilo beef mince
- 1 roasted corn, kernels off
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 eggplant diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 field mushrooms diced
- ½ bunch of chopped parsley & thyme
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon mushroom soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 5 potatoes, peeled
- Handful of grated cheese of your choice
- In a large frying pan, sautee all the diced vegetables in a little vegetable oil until they are softened, set aside.
- Boil the peeled potatoes in salted water until they are tender, mash them with a little butter, white pepper and set aside.
- In another large pot, on a very high heat brown off the mince, then add the plain flour, turn the heat down and cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and mushroom soy sauce and the rest of the vegetables, cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour the meat and vegetable mix into a large casserole dish, smooth over top. Then place the mashed potato into a piping bag, and pipe over the mix covering it. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.