Broad bean fritters
Meat-free Mondays just got easier! Broad bean fritters are a perfect healthy meal for all the family.
- 300 grams fresh broad beans or 500 gram broad beans defrosted
- 6 sprigs fresh coriander
- 1 small fresh bunch mint
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 heaped teaspoon plain flour
- 4 tablespoons yoghurt
- 200 grams salad mix
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- Herb mayonnaise
- Vegetable oil
- Boil any larger white-skinned broad beans for 30 seconds, then drain.
- When cool pinch their skins off, they will taste less bitter if you do this now.
- In a food processor, whiz the coriander and half the mint, season with salt and pepper. Then add the spices, chilli, broad beans and lemon zest and whiz until finely chopped, scraping the sides as you go.
- Sprinkle the flour in the mix and pulse for a few seconds.
- Heat up some vegetable oil and gently fry, roll the mix into little patties and gently lower them into the oil. Cook for a couple of minutes until lightly browned, drain on kitchen paper and serve them with natural yoghurt laced with lemon juice.
- Serve your broad bean fritters with salad mix, cherry tomatoes and herb mayonnaise.