Black mussels in a spicy tomato sauce - perfect for a warm summer's day.
- 1kg fresh local black mussels
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh chili
- 500ml passata, uncooked tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 150 grams chorizo, finely diced
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- De-beard the mussels, and set them aside.
- In a large pot over medium to high heat, Sautee the onion and sucuk in little olive oil until the onion is translucent, then add the garlic, chilli and sweet paprika, cook for a further 5 minutes, then add the diced tomatoes, then cook for approximately 30-40 minutes, just simmering. Season then set aside
- In a very hot fry pan add a little vegetable oil, then add the mussels and toss until they start to open, then add the tomato sauce, then simmer until the mussels are fully opened.
- Add the chopped parsley and serve with crusty bread