Mutton and chicken skewers
Yummy BBQ bites the whole family will love.
- 2 mutton back straps
- 500 grams skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian style dried herbs
- 100 ml olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime
- 200 ml Indian style yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs: thyme, parsley, mint, basil, oregano
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Dice the chicken and mutton into large cubes, set aside in a bowl.
- Mix the crushed garlic, sumac, olive oil, dried herbs and lemon & lime in a bowl. Mix well then pour over the chicken & mutton and let marinate overnight covered in the fridge.
- In a bowl mix the chopped herbs with the lemon, salt & pepper and set aside to set.
- Using foot long metal skewers, feed the chicken and mutton separately onto skewers, making sure they are tight and 10cm from each end of the skewer to allow room to pick up and rest on bbq end or chiminea.
- Pre-heat hot coals or chiminea for 1- ½ hours until the coals have bedded down, then sit the skewers around 20-30cm above the coals and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked.
- Remove and let rest, then serve with chopped lettuce, tomato, Spanish onion and flat breads to make own wraps. Enjoy!