Fillet of beef with chimichurri
Soak up the flavours of Argentina with this delectable beef dish.
- 5kg fillet of beef, trimmed
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley, tough stems removed
- 1 head garlic, divided into cloves and peeled
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine beef in a dish with red wine, onion, garlic and oil, and turn several times. Marinate at room temperature for up to 3 hours.
- Heat barbecue to moderately high. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until meat has browned on all sides.
- Remove meat to a warm platter and cover loosely with foil. Let stand at least 10 minutes.
- To make the chimichurri, combine parsley and garlic in a processor and combine until finely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine a further 5 seconds to mix.
- Slice meat and serve with chimichurri