Roasted chicken and pistachio terrine
A deliciously light meal, our roasted chicken and pistachio terrine is a must-try this winter!
- 400grams boneless chicken thighs, diced into 1cm cubes
- 200 grams chicken mince
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 80 grams pumpkin, finely diced
- 80 grams potato, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic & ginger paste
- 80 grams finely chopped pistachio nuts, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ABC sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs
- In a large frying pan with a little oil, fry the diced vegetables with the garlic and ginger paste until softened, season then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the chicken thighs with the chicken mince, add the cooked vegetables, two eggs and the sauces, pistachio nuts and mix until combined.
- In a terrine mold, lay the prosciutto out, overlapping them to cover the whole internal of the mold.
- Pour in the chicken mixture, making sure there are no air bubbles, then lay the excess prosciutto over the top.
- Place in a bain-marie (water bath) in a 150C oven for 1 – ½ hours or until a skewer comes out clean.