Fetta tart with caramelised onion
A delicious savoury tart.
- 250 gram plain flour
- 125 grams unsalted butter, finely chopped
- 1 egg, chilled
- 300 grams Danish fetta
- 300 grams finely sliced onion
- ¼ bunch thyme, finely chopped
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 6 eggs
- 120ml cream
- Salt & cracked black pepper
- Combine the plain flour, finely chopped unsalted butter in a food processor and blitz until it resembles cake crumbs, pour into a bowl then add the egg and combine with your hands until it has come together. Knead for 2 minutes then wrap in glad wrap and let rest for 2 hours in fridge before rolling out.
- In a non-stick fry pan on high heat with a little vegetable oil fry the sliced onion until it has caramelized and golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs and cream until they are light and frothy. Season with salt and pepper, and add the chopped fresh thyme.
- Roll out the pastry thin and line a fluted tart base, then blind bake this at 180c for 8-10 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges. Remove the rice then bake again for approximately 2 more minutes then let cool.
- Pour the egg and cream mix into the tart shell. Sprinkle over all the caramelized onion, then finally crumble over the top the Danish fetta.
- Bake in the 170C oven for approximately 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.