Farro grain risotto with poached salmon
Try this ancient grain in your next risotto in replace of rice to benefit your health.
- 500 grams farro grain
- 200 grams diced Atlantic salmon
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 3 field mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 150 grams grated parmesan
- 50gram unsalted butter
- Vegetable oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Handful of baby spinach
- ½ bunch chopped thyme
- !/2 bunch chopped parsley
- 5 litres of fish stock or water
- In a non-stick fry pan on medium heat with the a little vegetable oil fry the farro grain until it is golden brown, then add the diced vegetables.
- Ladle by ladle add the stock to the grains, cooking out the liquid each time before adding the next ladle.
- Continue this until the rice is just over half cooked then add the diced salmon and continue cooking the grains until they are tender with just a little resistance.
- Add the grated parmesan and the unsalted butter to the grains along with one extra ladle of stock, and whip this in with a wooden spoon.
- Finally add the chopped herbs and baby spinach.
- Serve immediately.