Avocado egg & bacon delight
Try this easy healthy breakfast recipe this weekend. It's also a great go-to recipe for those in a rush around the kitchen on a weekday morning. This perfect brekkie bite is easy, fun and delicious!
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and place the eggs in and boil for 5 -6 minutes. Remove and refresh in cold water. Peel and set aside.
- Using a large spoon, remove the skin from the avocado, and the stone as well.
- Check the size of the egg to make sure that the middle of the avocado is the same size. Then place the egg in the middle of the avocado and put the two sides back together.
- Start wrapping the smoked bacon around the avocado making sure that it is totally covered.
- In a non-stick fry pan gently fry off the bacon wrapped avocado until the bacon is caramelized and crispy. Let rest for 1 minute then slice over some grilled bread and relish.
- Enjoy your easy healthy breakfast courtesy of Dandenong Market