Tomato and goat’s cheese bruschetta
Dandenong Market's tomato and goat's cheese bruschetta is the ultimate taste for a fresh, light lunch with friends.
- 1 bunch basil
- 4 tablespoons powdered parmesan cheese
- 200 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g toasted almonds
- 1 thin baguette
- 400g roma tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 red onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 100 gram goats cheese feta
- 50 gram Kalamata olives
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, puree basil with parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic and almonds until smooth. Season to taste.
- Slice baguette into thin slices, then slightly drizzle with olive oil and toast or grill.
- Dice roma tomatoes, avocado and red onion and place in a bowl.
- Mix in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season to taste.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto toast and top with crumbled goat’s cheese and a little basil pesto.