Roasted Rib Eye with classic Bearnaise sauce
- 2 Rib Eye steaks
- 150ml white wine vinegar
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 120grams melted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 8 brussel sprouts
- 8 mushrooms
Sea salt & cracked white pepper
- In a small saucepan bring to the boil the white wine vinegar together with the sliced brown onion and the dried tarragon until it has reduced to a syrup. Set aside.
- In a large metal bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the tarragon reduction until the mixture has thickened, but not curdled. Do this over a pot of simmering water to help reduce the heat. You should be able to do a figure of 8 and it stand up in the bowl.
- Sit the bowl on the bench and slowly whisk in the melted butter until it forms a thick emulsion. Season with salt & pepper and add the chopped fresh thyme.
- In an oven tray seasoned with salt & pepper and a little vegetable oil add the potatoes, Brussel sprouts and mushrooms at 180C for around 15-20 minutes.
- Pre heat a grill pan for 15 minutes on high. Then season the rib eye steaks with a little oil and the sea salt & cracked pepper.
- Sear each side of the steak for 2-3 minutes or until caramelized brown. Place on an oven tray and place in a preheated oven for 4-5 minutes or cooked to your liking. Remove and let rest for 4-5 minutes.
- Arrange the vegetables on a platter, arrange the rib eye on top and serve the béarnaise sauce on the side.